We Fight DWI Charges in Missouri
Welcome to Guilfoil Law Group, home to one of Missouri’s most skilled and experienced Kansas City DWI defense attorneys. For 15 years our founding attorney, J. Matthew Guilfoil has helped individuals accused of DWI fight the charges and keep their driver’s licenses. Even being accused of a DWI can damage your reputation, and our goal is to clear our clients’ names and ensure that they are given a fair court proceeding.
We offer free consultations in person or over the phone. Call (816) 470-0172 to discuss the details.
Our Mission & Qualifications
Penalties for DWI vary from county to county in Missouri. In some areas the laws are so strict that you could face jail time. It does not matter what you said or did at the time of your arrest, it is always worth speaking with an attorney to find out how you can dismiss or reduce the charges. Our firm always fights for dismissal of charges. If at any point this seems like an impossible goal, we aim to reduce charges so that they have less of an impact on the client’s life.
Our Kansas City DWI defense lawyer is a member of the National College of DUI Defense. This is a prestigious group of attorneys across the nation that have distinguished themselves as dedicated DUI and DWI defense counselors. As a member, Mr. Guilfoil has extensively studied the science behind field sobriety testing and breathalyzer tests.
Dedicated DWI Attorney
Our firm exclusively practices in DWI law. We have significant experience in fighting these charges in the state of Missouri and apply it into protecting our clients. Reach out today to find out how we can help you.
- IACP / NHTSA-certified standardized field sobriety testing instructor in the state of Missouri
- Member of the Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- One of only two defense attorneys who have completed the 24-hour Drug Evaluation and Classification Overview Course
- Member of The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Certified Operator of the Intoxilyzer 5000, and Datamaster breath testing machines
- Regular attendee at Summer Sessions of The National College of DUI Defense at Harvard University
- Written for the Missouri Bar Association MoBarCLE program that is used by attorneys throughout Missouri.
- Instructed numerous courses on DWI and other topics to lawyers, police, and other law enforcement officials in Kansas and Missouri
- Member of the American Association of DUI Trial Lawyers
- Has been quoted in the Missouri Lawyer’s Weekly and the St. Louis Daily Record on DWI-related issues